Saturday, February 23, 2013

Toddlers Playing Soccer

January 10, 2013

This was the first day of soccer. L was so excited as we got ready to leave. She just kept asking one question though... "Is M going to play too?" I didn't know how to answer. I was hoping there would be a chance before and after that they could play together. But as for the actual soccer session (it was for 3 year olds), I wasn't planning on M playing. This was a tough situation because they are used to doing everything together!

We got there about 45 minutes early. (I thought it was going to  take longer to get there) They played a lot on the bleachers AND on the soccer field! They had so much fun! When I actually filled out the paperwork, I was asked if M would be playing too. Well, I wasn't planning on it. With them saying it was alright, I was all for seeing how she would do! I was excited then! If she liked it and if she participated, I was all for signing her up. I asked about their ages. The soccer club knew L was a month away from turning three. But at that point, M had just turned 2 a few weeks ago. They said with siblings, it's often surprising how well the younger one does. It's a lot of monkey see monkey do! My girls are already like that anyway. I was hopeful!

I was so proud of both of them both! They listened to Coach Nick, they participated, followed directions, they tried everything, and they had so much fun! Oh, and the excitement when they received their soccer jerseys. It was so cute! 

We had planned on meeting Daddy at Chili's when we were finished with soccer to tell him all about it! Chili's (at the moment) is their favorite restaurant! There was so much excitement about it all. They talked about it from the time we buckled up in the car to the time we walked into the restaurant. BUT as soon as they saw Daddy, it was like it never happened! 

Every week I think soccer gets better and better! Tomorrow will be their 4th week. We've also made friends there. We had our second play date with Mrs. Meg, Ben (another soccer player) his sister Ellie and little baby Joseph. Last week we met after soccer and went to lunch, then today at the zoo.


They are so cute running around out there. There are also certain activities that I notice that each of them like better than others. I think I look forward to soccer just as much as they do!

At the present time, our plans are to finish out this soccer session. Doing a music class in the summer. Then soccer again in the fall and winter sessions.

1 comment:

  1. Leave a comment about activities your toddlers?preschoolers participate in. How they like it, what you like and/or dislike about.
    Also, if you have little ones that are close in age, do they participate in activities like this together or separate??
    Share your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete