Thursday, February 21, 2013

L is 19 months old, M is 9 months ...

October 2011 
Little One has been furniture walking (cruising is the technical term) for about 2 1/2 months now. Two nights ago, Daddy came home from work and the 4 of us played in the floor. Rolling around, laughing, playing in the floor. Next thing you know, M is standing in top of a toy holding onto the TV stand looking at (i think it's a 58 inch) TV... CLIMBING ALREADY? 
I thought that came after walking! L was never a climber, so this is all new to me!!  Daddy ran out to get Chinese food for dinner. As I was changing Ladybugs diaper, I glance up to make sure my mischievous one wasn't doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing, and I couldn't believe what I saw.  She had one leg on the ground and one leg up on the brick in front of the fireplace!!! I got her down and she made her way over to her rocking caterpillar, (that I've always had to sit her on), she put her leg right across it and sat down! This is when I realized that I am going to be in some serious trouble when she actually starts walking!

Ladybug is talking more and more everyday. This is awesome, because when she first started talking, she had about 7 words that she said really well. To backtrack a little, L took her first step the day after her first birthday. The following Saturday, she took 12 steps in a row, then she just never stopped, she was all over the place. When she started walking, her talking slowed down greatly! The pediatrician said this was a normal thing, that they stop concentrating on one skill and focus on another one! On October 1, 2011 she started putting words together. Well, she had done it before, one day she said "Bye Bye Pee Pee". But on October 1st, while we were getting ready to go to an art fair, she was wondering where Daddy was. I told her Daddy was going potty, she said "Daddy pee pee". I told her yes. Later that day, we went to a hibachi grill for dinner and the whole time over and over, she repeated, "Daddy pee pee". I thought it was hilarious. We love hearing her sweet voice! We were eating at a table with strangers, Daddy didn't think (at the time) that this was as funny as I did.
Ladybug comes up with the funniest things! She's always made us laugh, but with the constant new words she is discovering, we just never know what's going to come out of her mouth next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment