Saturday, April 20, 2013

Why I haven't blogged...

At this point, I would say it's been 4 or 5 weeks ago, M out of the blue asked me to make her a blanket. I had no idea where she got this idea from. I asked her several questions to see if she really meant what she was saying, and SHE DID in fact want me to make her a blanket. The only thing I could think of was that we read a book that had someone doing that. I told her that I had to think about it for a bit... I got both girls interested in something and I watched several YouTube videos on crocheting... I thought, "I can do this!"

We set off to the craft store, I let her pick out some yarn and that night I started on her blanket... I can't forget to tell you the part though, on the way home from the craft store, not even 5 minutes after we left the craft store, on the way home, M asked, "Is my blanket done yet?" Then I had to explain that it was going to take awhile for me to do!!

The following morning, after she ate breakfast, she asked me if she could see her blanket... of course I showed her and she started to cry. It was long, but only about 3 inches high. She raised both of her hands in the air and said, "I wanted a BIG blanket!" I knew I had to work like crazy to get it done!!

When it was getting closer to being finished, she would want to snuggle with it, she would sit in my lap with her blanket across her lap WHILE I WAS WORKING on it, snuggling it. Sometimes she would put her hand on my hand (while I was crocheting) and she would say, "I'm helping you make my blanket Mommy." It was absolutely the cutest thing EVER!!

I finished her blanket in 9 days... then of course I had to start making L a blanket. THIS IS WHY I HAVEN'T BEEN BLOGGING LATELY!!!

1 comment:

  1. My sister has been working on a crochet blanket for her daughter for 2 years now. The other day she pulled it out to continue on it again and her daughter complimented the colours. Her response was "You should like them, you're the one who picked them out" Nice to know such hard work is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete